Friday, February 20, 2009

the daze: technical difficulties edition

I began to set up at the station only to realize that the Blaze's minidisc player had been re-routed for use by the Downtown campus' news team. Since my show is essentially useless/stuck on my computer without the player, I had to resort to combing through the station's digital/CD library to get a Daze-esque show. The results were hectic yet turned out fairly well: 

HOUR ONE

No Age-Sleeper Hold, Times New Viking-Call & Respond, Blitzen Trapper-Furr, Animal Collective-Daily Routine, Elf Power-The New Mythology, Stereolab-Interlock, Women-Shaking Hand,Yeasayer-2080, Devendra Banhart-Lover, Celebration-Evergreen, Deerhoof-Snoopy Waves, Chad Vangaalen-Clinically Dead, Swirlies-Wrong Tube, Dungen-Ta Det Lugnt

HOUR TWO

Sloan-People of the Sky, Syd Barrett-Baby Lemonade, The Beta Band-Dry the Rain, The Books-Smells Like Content, The Avalanches-Since I Left You, Mercury Rev-Coney Island Cyclone, Stephen Malkmus-Jenny and the Ess Dog, Luna-Anasthesia (Live), Four Tet-Smile Around the Face, The American Analog Set-The Only Living Boy Around, Yo La Tengo-Tom Courtenay 

"I'm playing this because it reminds me of the cheesecake I had last night. It was beautiful cheesecake..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment